Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lu Sporg defined

Hey Everyone! My name is Lu Sporg.
 I really like it here. Everyone is super friendly! So far my first two weeks of classes have been pretty good. Except today I had my first pop quiz today in Calculs!! Yikes! 
So When I was in high school I was very active with Softball, Band, and Community Service groups. I was co-captain of our high school softball team my senior year and help lead our team to District Finals, and we won our conference!! I was also in Interact Club, we did a lot of different activities for the community. 
While I am at UK I really look forward to studying abroad. I am really interested in learning more about other cultures, and creating awareness of how fortunate we are in the States. 
This DSP class is very interesting. I was a little unsure in the beginning about the amount of work on the computer that we would be doing, but I am feeling more comfortable with the computer the more I use it. I have enjoyed the activities that we have done in class, from the Alpha/Beta activities to the personality tests. I am learning more about myself in this class than I expected to. I like that we are learning who we are in order to find out the way that we interact with others. 
According to the "Do What You Are" exercise I am a hands on learner, I learn best with several activities, and through demonstrations. When teaching me something I learn best when I feel comfortable, and we may discuss the topic informally. I am a very logical person, so the topic discussed must agree with my rational. I like to apply my knowledge to real life situations. 
See you guys in class!

No comments: