Thursday, November 20, 2008

revised second interview

So I had an original script and I realized after I did one interview that it was a little to vague. Then I read my script out loud in class and the entire class gave me some really productive feedback. They came up with a lot of other questions that I hadn't really gotten when I was making up my own questions. I had good starter questions, but then I did not really have any follow through questions.

I still feel really shy to go up to a complete stranger and start interviewing them. So for my second interview I interviewed an acquaintance. This I think was a god way to start because I can build up my confidence to making a good interview- so that for my next interview who I promise will be a complete stranger- I will be able to have all the kinks worked out and I will be able to have a smooth conversation with that person.  

After already completing two interviews, I am realizing that this project is going to be a harder than I had originally thought. I still notice that people mostly come with computers, and people think that they are spending their time wisely- but they all usually end up on facebook, or playing some type of game. The computer is really important to have because so many classes put homework, study-guides and your grades online that you really need one to keep up. So my conclusion is that having a computer is essential but also very distracting. 

No comments: