Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Field Project

So I have been working on this project for a while now. I am studying the 3rd floor in the W. T. Young Library in between the cores. I have noticed that the more people come the later the night goes on. I have also noticed that people generally come in at least pairs to study. Most people also bring computers, and the work varies from groups of individuals working together to groups of individuals working separately. This place is suppose to be an area to work quietly but the later the night goes on the more noisy it becomes. People also in general basically stick to their table unless they see someone they know then they leave there table to talk then come beck to their original table to study. I haven't really noticed any regulars. I have noticed that people generally come in comfy clothes. These are most of my first general observations of the area. 

I think that people feel safe here but they do not really consider it a cosmopolitan canopy. In a cosmopolitan canopy there is a variety of people (which the library has), but the area is generally more inviting (the library is somewhat secular). Most people stay at there respective tables and generally do not move to meet new faces. I think that each study table is in its own little world.  

No comments: