Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The End

So this is my last blog for this DSP class. I am now a pro at blogging. I never thought that this day would come... Well this class was interesting to say the least. I genuinely loved meeting all of the people in our class. We were a very diverse class, and everyone brought something to the table, even the people that dropped it... I liked working together on all of the projects, we were able to create strong friendships, like "The Back Line", and the tripod! This class was nice to be a part of because I felt like our class was really a cosmopolitan canopy. We had a very open and friendly atmosphere. This class also made me more computer savvy. I was totally unaware of SL before this class. I do not think that I will continue exploring SL, but it was definitely an interesting experience. Exploring SL Amsterdam was fun. People in SL are very outgoing and friendly. I feel like pretty much everywhere in SL is a cosmopolitan canopy. 
The other activities that we did like BAFA BAFA, the video about Barbies, were really interesting.  It was nice to hear everyones opinions during class, because since our class was so diverse we were able to have several different views. 
The UK Field project made me realize how oblivious I was to implicit rules of society. I never really payed attention, but after discussing them in class I was surprised to realize how many there are. For example; don't talk while on the elevator, don't talk in the bathroom(for guys)- girls don't follow this rule at all... which is also somewhat strange to me. While working on my UK field project I realized some implicit rules of the Library, like adults don't study on the third floor at one of the large study tables, or that you don't dress up to go to the library. 
Overall I think this class was a good class. I'm not going to lie, I was not expecting the work load... it was a lot of work. I think that the work load was tolerable because of the people in the class, I made some really good friends (tripod and back line). 

Have a great break, and good luck everyone! Stay in touch!

No comments: